Placement and line are all-important in ballet. Our dress code allows our teachers to observe and correct the posture and alignment of our students.
Girls are required to wear the following during class:
• Black, scooped neck, short sleeved or tank leotard.
• Pink leg tights.
• Pink ballet slippers (canvas or leather) with elastic over the instep.
• Ballet skirts may be worn only for pointe classes and only at the discretion of the teacher.
• Character dance students must bring a skirt and character shoes to class.
Girls may NOT wear the following during class:
• Jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, dangling earrings).
• Dark colored nail polish.
• Leg warmers, t-shirts, or sweat shirts. (Notify your teacher if an injury or illness necessitates an exception.)
Girls must have their hair pulled back from their face and secured firmly in a bun. Short hair must be held back off the face with a wide hair band. Dancers develop poor habits when their hair is allowed to fly freely!
Ballet Bun Tutorial:
Beginning boys are required to wear the following during class:
• White T-shirt.
• Black shorts or tights.
• White socks and white ballet slippers.
Intermediate and Advanced boys replace shorts with black tights.