Placement and line are all-important in ballet. Our dress code allows our teachers to observe and correct the posture and alignment of our students.
Girls are required to wear the following during class:
• Black, scooped neck, short sleeved or tank leotard.
• Pink leg tights.
• Pink ballet slippers (canvas or leather) with elastic over the instep.
• Ballet skirts may be worn only for pointe classes and only at the discretion of the teacher.
• Character dance students must bring a skirt and character shoes to class.
Girls may NOT wear the following during class:
• Jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, dangling earrings).
• Dark colored nail polish.
• Leg warmers, t-shirts, or sweat shirts. (Notify your teacher if an injury or illness necessitates an exception.)
Girls must have their hair pulled back from their face and secured firmly in a bun. Short hair must be held back off the face with a wide hair band. Dancers develop poor habits when their hair is allowed to fly freely!
Ballet Bun Tutorial for Long Hair
Ballet Bun Tutorial for Short Hair
Ballet Bun Tutorial for Thick Hair
Beginning boys are required to wear the following during class:
• White T-shirt.
• Black shorts or tights.
• White socks and white ballet slippers.
Intermediate and Advanced boys replace shorts with black tights.